Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Where have I been!?


Wow, How time flies! Seems like yesterday I was blogging about the warmer weather finally coming around and here it is Fall - oh wait - it WAS springtime last time I blogged! I know, I know. I preach and preach about keeping things updated and here I am months behind! Give me a little break here, I had a FULL spring/summer. Without all the gory details, let me say family just has to be put before everything else, even at the expense of other things near and dear to your heart.


Now that things at home are back to normal (whatever that is!) I can get back to my website and this blog. I've got a couple of new obsessions since I last blogged ( http://www.sothernsavers.com/ being top on the list) and I want to fill you in on those as soon as possible. Give me a few days to get it together and check back here to find out what they are. In the meantime, feel free to roam over to my website as it IS updated for the season and full of great new pictures and ideas for making life a little simpler. Read below for a excerpt from the home page.......


FROM http://www.thekendalcompanies.com/........ Fall is here and with the cooler weather, it's time to enjoy the outdoors without baking in the Georgia humidity and heat! But let me ask you a question? Do you find it hard to sit down and enjoy these pretty afternoons? Does your mind race with all the things on your "to do" list? If you have been following our Simple Life Series then you KNOW how it feels to sit on the porch swing and suddenly realize, you have nothing hanging over your head but the warm sun and the fresh breeze! If not, then it's time to get moving!

Before you know it the holidays will be here and your days will be
busier than any other time of the year and more clutter will be coming INTO your life, not just in the form of wrapping paper and presents, but in the form of stress as well.


What is the Simpler Life Series?

Our Simpler Life Series will guide you towards a clearer mind and soul. Each step will motivate you to move on from your past and towards what really matters today. If you aren't ready to tackle YOU yet, tackle your stuff instead! Our 10 Things you Can Do RIGHT NOW will help you jump start your de-cluttering! Want something even simpler? Try reducing the clutter that comes in and out of your home and begin living more "green," by clicking here for ways to start being more earth friendly.

However you start making changes to your life , just start. Just like in the lottery, if you don't play, you can't win - and de-cluttering your life is defiantly a win. Once you have the ball rolling taking care of your "stuff", sit down and take stock of yourself as well. Instead of counting your "need -tos," "have-tos" and "must-dos," try counting your dreams, your desires and....your blessings. It's much easier to be inspired by what you do have than what you don't have.

Once again, thanks for your patience through the summer and I hope to be more on top of things as the holidays approach. Love you all! K

No comments: