Monday, November 2, 2009

A Little About Me


With the exposure of my blog from my first blog comment contest, I've had lots of new viewers. I've had a few emails wanting to know more about me so I've decided to add copy over my "About Me" page form my website (http://www.thekendalcompanies.com/) Read on for more about me. Thanks and welcome all my new friends!

From my webiste: " For those of you who do not know me, I am a stay-at-home mother of three girls, two dogs, two cats and a wonderful, but messy, husband! My husband owns his own fire protection business, HALL FIRE PROTECTION CO., INC. and I have been lucky enough to stay at home for the past several years and help him out. When my youngest starting Kindergarten last year, I decided to take my own small business ventures and start The Kendal Companies. Like many stay-at-home moms these days, I have been helping out my family and friends for years with everything from planning family dinners, organizing travel, cleaning, shopping and everything else under the sun! I finally have the time to gather my talents into something profitable. The Kendal Companies has really taken off from day one and I couldn't be happier. The website is getting a lot of attention, I am meeting new people and I am learning everyday. The support I have received from everyone has been worth all the effort and hard work.

I am originally from the small Georgia town of Rockmart. My grandmother ran a hometown store for her entire adult life. She taught me about loyalty and supporting your local small businesses.

I was raised in a family that encouraged independence, etiquette, social awareness, entrepreneurship, class and, above all, complete confidence. I thank my grandparents for passing down a legacy enriched with all of these things. I try to instill the same values in my girls and can already see that they will be strong, independent and versatile young ladies.

While I love the spirit of entrepreneurship, I also believe in reaching out to help others and our environment. I hope that my business will allow me to extend my good fortune and expertise to those in my community. In honor of my brother, who served in Iraq - sending care packages to the soldiers is high on my priority list. I create and sell cards in which the proceeds go towards an organization that send the packages. I hold contest in our Creative Studios monthly meetings to see who can recycle the most items or bring in the most items to donate. I enforce strict recycling efforts in my own home (the girls will attest to my strong-arm in this!) I am a member of the Friends of the Library, The Georgia Sea Turtle Rescue Center, and hope to begin volunteering with local groups soon. My Kendal Kleanz It Out! and eBay auction sites donate to various shelters and help keep clutter out of the landfills.

The products I have in the on line store are either handmade by me, hand crafted by someone else that I feel meets my high standards, or are products and services that I have personally researched, use and recommend. Please visit my "Recommended Sites" link for my favorite local business, groups and charities.

Once again, I greatly appreciate your support and hope that you will subscribe to my newsletters, read and comment on my
blog, and pass this website on to your friends and family. Thanks again and see you soon! "

No comments: