Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cute Valentines Day Butterflies and Alien Class Swap Cards!

Sweet Butterflies and Creepy Alien Valentine Day Class Swap Cards...
Easy and INEXPENSIVE!

Spend a morning with your young ones creating these sweet cards for their class party. Share pictures of your finished product and post them
here in the comments section!


This is my daughter's project from last year, but it turned out so cute I thought I'd post it for you guys this year! SO SIMPLE!

Supplies:
Pink and Lime Green Construction Paper
Scissors
Red Pipe Cleaners
Glue or Glue Dots, Stapler
Markers
Optional: Google eyes, stamps, stickers, punches

I cut out "fat" hearts for the girl's butterflies and "skinny" hearts for the boy's aliens.

Grace stamped the butterflies with more hearts and used a butterfly punch to add more details but you can let your kids decorate them however they like (or whatever supplies you already have on hand!)

She then used a single glue dot to piece the two butterfly "wings" together in the middle.

I helped her curl the antenas for the butterfly and alien by wrapping the pipecleaner around my finger.

Then she stapled them to the top of each card and there you have it - easy as pie!

For a slide show of photos showing Grace making these step-by-step, visit my Valentine's Day page at www.thekendalcompanies.com




post signature

No comments: