Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Little About Me

Welcome to my new blog! For those of you who do not know me, I am a stay-at-home mother of three girls. My husband owns his own fire protection business, HALL FIRE PROTECTION CO., INC. and I am lucky enough to stay at home and help out. With my youngest starting Kindergarten this year, I decide to take my own small business ventures and start The Kendal Companies. Things have really taken off from day one and I couldn't be happier. The support I have received from everyone has been wonderful. To see what services and products I offer, please visit my website at http://www.thekendalcompanies.com/.

I was raised in a family that encouraged independence, etiquette, social awareness, cultural diversity, enteprenuership, class and, above all, complete confidence. I thank my grandparents for passing down a legacy enriched with all of these things. I try to instill the same values in my girls and can already see that they will be strong, independent and versatile young ladies.

I believe in reaching out to help others. My brother served in Iraq and sending care packages to the soldiers is high on my priority list. I hold weekly auctions to raise money and sell cards in which the proceeds go towards the packages. I also hold contest in our Creative Studios monthly meetings to see who can recycle the most items or bring in the most items to donate. I enforce strict recycling efforts in my own home (the girls will attest to my strong-arm in this!) I am a member of the Friends of the Library, The Georgia Sea Turtle Rescue Center, and will begin volunteering at the local Advocates for Children Shelter this winter. My Kendal Kleanz It Out! and eBay auction sites donate to various shelters and help keep clutter out of the landfills.

My grandmother ran a hometown store for her entire adult life. She taught me about loyalty and supporting your local small businesses. I hope that you will remember me and my small business venture the next time you need to book travel, need a personal card or gift or have an affair to cater. The products I have for sale are either persoanlly made by me, one of my dear friends or are products/services that I have researched, recommend and/or use myself.

Once again, I greatly appreciate your support and hope that you will subscribe to my blog and newsletters and pass my website on to your friends and family. My business is purely word-of-mouth. Thanks again and see you soon!

No comments: