Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Need A Little Family Time? Try this project...

Another family treasure I still have in my possession is this great handmade book that was given to me and my brother in 1978 – yes, that makes me OLD.





This wonderful book was handmade by a family friend. She took the front of past holiday cards and created an ABC book. Each page is a letter of the alphabet with a corresponding picture/word/definition. Check out her great work…



I have carried this book around with me and put it out every Christmas. I decided this year, that my daughter’s and I would make a new one. Let’s take a closer look to see what we will need:

A large, hardcover scrapbook

Stenciled Letters (we will use my new Circuit!, of course!)


Various holiday cards



A Magic Marker



I am very curious to see what words my children will chose or if they will just copy from my book. As soon as I can get them together in the same room to make this project – I will post it for you, but I wanted to give you plenty of time to make your own family’s book. Send me a post when it’s finished!

No comments: