Friday, January 15, 2010

My MISSING Daughter



As I sit here with a heavy heart, the one thing that helps me the most is my network of friends. For those of you who do not follow my blog on Facebook, but here on the original blog, it is time I let you know what has been happening in my life - in hopes that you will pass this on to your blog network and help spread the word.


My daughter Kaylyn, who is 16, has now been missing for 21 days. Three whole weeks without a single word from her. She was not abducted, but ran away in the middle of the night. I have copied my original post with all the details below.

As for this blog, I have pre-written weeks of posts that have been, and will continue to be, automatically posted here. The Simple Life Series, Recipes, Book Reviews and other posts will continue. For those on facebook, the ones posted here automatically post on my facebook (and Twitter) as well. Thank you for all your support with my blog, website and catering business. All three help keep me busy in this terribly emotional time. Without my friends and business, I know I would be reduced to staying in bed all day. Your comments, whether here or on facebook, really do encourage me.

Once again, please pass on my daughter’s photo and the information below. Every little bit helps and I know the blog (and facebook) network is massive. I update daily on facebook and will keep my blog network posted as well.

Your friend in need, Kendal

Posted on Facebook January 8, 2009:


"First I wanted to thank EVERYONE who has contacted me. It DOES HELP to know there are people out there who genuienly care. Every day is struggle to remain calm and be strong for my other daughters and husband. I still get up everyday, get Grace off to school, keep the house up, run errands, cook dinner and on and on. Your words help me to do so.

As for any news, we have none. I wanted to put the entire story out there today so that those of you who I haven't been able to email back, will know what's going on and can keep an eye out for her.

Kaylyn is my middle daughter, age 16. With her long flowing red hair, she is hard to miss if you see her. She is very petite - about 5 feet, 100lbs.

The week prior to Christmas holidays, she and her boyfriend got into some trouble at school. After giving her the "you can't see the boyfriend" speech, she became hostile enough that I had to admit her to a stablization center for several days (she is bi-polar and requires this when her medicine does not calm her down.) The night after she was released home, she and her boyfriend ran off in the middle of the night. We have not had a single word from either of them. She left wearing a Cass High Blue softball hoodie, tennis shoes, one pink and gray backpack and at least $100. Neither have their cell phones, a driver's license or car. She has no ID at all.


We do have friends in law enforcement who are looking for her. They have checked the boyfriend's family to see if they have heard anything, as well as other friends and family. All phone records are being followed up on as well. We do have someone watching our cabin in Rockmart, but feel she is too smart to go there. There have been reports that they are in Kentucky, but there are no leads as to where in KY.

I'm attaching a photo of her. If you see her, please contact the Bartow County Sheriff's Office 770-382-5050. You can be anynomous - I just want to know she is safe and okay. You can also contact me through facebook day or night.

Thanks again for all your prayers. "

In addition to the above re-post, I want to add that, after three weeks without her medicine, I know that her body is weaning itself off and her emotional state is probably more unstable than usual. She has had previous attempts to harm herself. If you see her, please do not attempt to talk to her, but contact the authorities. Kaylyn is super smart and even under these circumstances, may be hard to reason with. My main concern is that she is safe.

I have a MISSING flyer that will not attach itself here or on facebook. I can email or fax you a copy if you desire.

Thanks again,






post signature

No comments: