Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thinking Thursday - Final Notes on the Simple Party Series


Growing up, my grandmothers were magnificent ladies. Every Sunday we had white tablecloths and china plates. Every day we used linen napkins and sat down to dinner. I wrote hundreds of thank you cards and signed hundreds more Christmas cards. I hated to hear my name called from the “living room” because I knew it was time to polish the silver! As I got older, I came to appreciate my upbringing and as a mother now, well – let’s just say the polishing of silver has been passed to them! Not many families teach their children the difference in forks, the way to tie a tie or how to behave at a party – but I do. I strive to keep that spirit alive – even if it’s only in my own children. By pulling out all the stops when I entertain, it is my way of not only letting my friends and family know they are worth the effort, but also my way of passing along a dying tradition of entertaining. I challenge you to put that little something extra into your own entertaining. As we’ve learned today –it can be done simply, elegantly and cost efficiently – although a little silver polish doesn’t hurt.


Many Blessings,

Kendal Spinks Hall



To learn more about me, please visit my website at www.thekendalcompanies.com and click the “About Me” page.


No comments: