Sunday, November 22, 2009

Turkey Day Kid's Craft



Okay - so the grand plan was to make a family of these little turkeys to use as place card holders on our family dinner table - but after realizing that would be 30 turkeys, we decided to just make one! I found the idea in a magazine (the ad is for Hidden Valley Ranch).


You will need:
One Idaho Potato - Cut in 1/2 and use one half for the face/body
One Fingerling potato - Cut in half and use as the feet (attach with 1/2 toothpicks)
One Baby Carrot -Cut off two small discs off the widest end for the eyes and the remainder for the beak)
One Bay Leaf - use red marker to paint the gobbler, place under the carrot beak
Toothpicks
Construction Paper - Trace child's hand in several colors for feathers
Red Marker

For photo instructions, please visit my website and see Grace's slide show!

1 comment:

The Mother Huddle said...

Oh man I wish I would have seen this for the site..I know you have some cute stuff for thankgiving, shoot me a link so I can link up!